Caux International Conference Center
Since 1946 “Mountain House” in Caux, Switzerland, has opened its doors to the world as an international conference center for Initiatives of Change. Each summer the Caux conferences draw around 2000 people of every generation, background and religious outlook. Caux hosted the first and many subsequent meetings of the Caux Round Table (which draws its name from the center).
Those who take part in the conferences include
- young people eager to shape the world they will inhabit;
- industrialists and trade unionists concerned that economic leaders act responsibly and ethically;
- Africans, Americans, Asians and Europeans determined to root out corruption;
- intellectuals in search of values for democracy;
- opposing leaders in divided countries who are working for peace;
- community leaders from different ethnic backgrounds seeking justice in multiracial societies.